Tearfund is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injustice; and to restore dignity and hope among the most vulnerable and poorest communities in the world. Tearfund responds to humanitarian crisis and complex emergencies globally.
Regional Influencing Finance & Operations Officer – West Africa
Tearfund is looking for an experienced Finance and Operations Officer to manage and implement effective finance systems for West Africa Regional Office in Togo. The Regional Influencing Finance and Operations Officer will be responsible for all aspects of finance management for the regional office in accordance with Tearfund policies and guidelines, and maintain a system of sound internal controls in order to safeguard Tearfund assets, mitigate risks of any probable financial loss and fraud, conduct budget analysis and finance reporting for various donors; and comply with statutory audit requirements. The person will ensure maintenance of financial accounting records, book-keeping, cash management, banking transactions, which are compliant with Tearfund standards and donor requirements.
We are looking for a professionally qualified Finance & Operations Officer with experience in working with national NGOs to support finance capacity development.
You will have expertise in:
- Supporting with Regional general finance tasks (expenses, running reports, budgeting)
- Ensure smooth operations of the regional influencing strategy, financial support to activities/events/workshops, and manage grant payments to networks/partners stakeholders where necessary.
- Ensure strong oversight for internal control systems and preparation of all statutory financial statements both for internal and external uses, according to Tearfund standards.
- Ensure all expenditures are approved and with complete supporting documents in accordance with Tearfund policies and procedures
- Provide monthly cash summary, cash counts, bank statements and bank reconciliations
- Ensure that payment documents have been verified with cost codes and have been approved by the budget holder before any payments are made
- Processing cash book
- Ensuring compliance to local law
- Processing monthly payroll
- Follow up any reconciliation discrepancies and prepare adjusting entries when necessary.
The position is based in Togo, Lome. The person should be willing to travel within West Africa or across West Africa countries when required.
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
Please note: The candidate should be a Togo national or have a right to work in Togo. The candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French, good interpersonal skills to work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Region:West Africa
- Job Category:International Relief & Development (Outside UK)
- Contract Type:Fixed Term
- Closing Date:26 June 2023
- Potential Interview Date:11 July 2023
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.